stonesgrn 4 

Do I need a particular issue to come for counselling?

No, not at all. Some people come with a particular area of themselves or their life they would like to change - others because they simply want to increase their awareness and gain a better understanding of their life and relationships.

What qualifications do you have?

I am a Certified Transactional Analyst specialising in psychotherapy (CTA)

How do I decide if you are the right counsellor for me?

Come along for a session - meeting me is the only way to discover this. You can enquire via the contact page initially.

Is TA (Transactional Analysis) like CBT (Cognitive Behavioural Therapy)?

Like CBT, TA can be used as a way to recognise your thinking and behaviour patterns with tools for you to change these patterns in ways that serve you.

How long will I need to come for counselling/psychotherapy?

This can vary according to your needs and wants. Some may come on a short term basis and others may embark on much longer term work. Some may have had previous therapy and just require a 'top up'.

How frequent should it be?

I recommend that your first six sessions are on a weekly basis, after that we discuss what will most suit your needs. 

Will you tell me what I should be doing with my life?

No, the client is always in the 'driving seat' - my role is to provide a safe environment for personal change and development.




Sally Holligan - Counselling & Psychotherapy in the South Lakes and Cumbria - 015395 35760  /